Profiles are shown to you on the discover/home page. To view more information about that person you can scroll down.
You can choose to press the heart button if you like a profile or X if you don't like a profile.
If you like a profile and that person likes you back then there is a 'match' and you can begin to message each other. You can only message another person when there has been a match.
You can view who has liked you by pressing the star button in the top menu bar. If you choose to like anyone back then that is a 'match' and you can begin to message each other.
You can view your recent matches and send/receive messages in the chat screen. This is the third button from the left on the top menu bar.
You can make changes to your profile, amend your preferences and amend your settings in the settings page. This is the button in the right hand corner of the top menu bar.
To ensure the Melanin Matchmaker community is safe, honest and intentional we ask users to verify their profile.
Users can subscribe to a Premium membership to enjoy more benefits. A Premium membership allows users to:
- Send unlimited daily likes (On a Basic profile you can only like 7 people each day)
- Rewind to view all your potential matches again
- Filter for advanced preferences (Religion, Height, Body Type, Children, Education) in the Preferences page
- Voice call or Video call people you have matched with
Users can also purchase the following in-app purchases separately:
- Boost Profile Pass to get seen by more people, more often
- Incognito Pass to enjoy more privacy on the app and only be seen by the people you choose to like
- Worldwide Pass to view, like and match with profiles from all over the world
- Rewind Pass to view all your matches again
- Filter Pass to set more advanced preferences like religion, height, body type, children, education