Last Update 2 jaar geleden
Ensuring the Melanin Matchmaker community is safe and honest is very important to us.
To limit catfishing and scamming, we have introduced 'verify my profile' where users are asked to verify their profile by taking a selfie which our team reviews and ensures it matches their profile photos.
We have also introduced a Video Pass function (in-app purchase) which gives users the opportunity to video call with their matches.
Be very careful if you are speaking to a member who has not had their profile verified and/or avoids a video call.
We advise that if you are speaking to a member that has not been verified, that you request that they verify their profile shortly after you match.
If you do think you have spotted a catfish, please follow these steps to report them:
1. On the users profile, below their profile photo select the report flag.
2. Choose "Other" as your report reason and enter "Catfish" in the description comment.
3. Tap "OK" to submit the report.
If you have already matched and started a conversation with a user that you think is a catfish, please follow these steps:
1. From your conversation, tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner/
2. Select the option to "Block and Report"
3. Choose "Other" as your report reason and enter "Catfish" in the description comment.
4. Tap "OK" to submit the report.